Sponsored by: The Women’s Resources and Research Center
Only Graduate Students are eligible for this grant, fellowship, or residency.
The Women’s Resources and Research Center is pleased to announce the availability of summer awards for UC Davis graduate students. We invite applications from students with marginalized gender identities (such as women, transgender, non-binary, gender non-conforming students) whose research projects promote gender equity.
Proposals should approach the study of gender and promote gender equity described as follows:
Bring visibility to marginalized gender identities;
Question or unsettle gender norms;
Assess and challenge gender inequalities;
Examine the intersection of gender with other identities;
Envision gender equity;
Engage with feminist theories and methodologies.
Funding may be used to support research-related expenses such as materials or travel; and/or living expenses for writing.
Application Deadline: May 15th, 2017
Award Announcement: Early June 2017
Funding Time Frame: June 16, 2017 – September 24, 2017
Award Amount: $500 to $1000
Who Can Apply:
UC Davis graduate students completing their terminal degrees (MA, MS, PhD and MFA) at any stage in their graduate studies.
Must graduate no earlier than December 2017
Review and Selection Process:
Proposals will be reviewed by the WRRC Summer Grant committee (composed by WRRC professional and student staff, and one external member), and ranked based on the following criteria:
– Significance of research question and relevance of project to academic field;
– Feasibility and appropriateness of proposed plan of work to be carried out during the summer (e.g., field research, data analysis, dissertation writing, etc.) and how these related to broader timeline;
– Potential to contribute to broader social impact and further gender equity;
– Interdisciplinary work.
Awarded graduate students are expected to present their summer work at a small colloquium organized by the WRRC early Fall 2017.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2017 Graduate Summer Fellowship Application”:
– Proposal Narrative (max 700 words) Describe your project, and the work to be carried out in summer 2017. Describe how these activities relate to gender equity. Explain how the summer project would overall research agenda, the relevance of your research to a field of study, and the potential for broader social impact. Share how your personal background and identity relate to your research proposal.
– CV (max 2 pages)
– Budget (max 1 page) Provide itemized budget and brief narrative of how funds will be used to carry out research work, travel, or writing in summer 2017.
For more information please contact: email@example.com