Humanities Institute event co-sponsorship provides partial funding for conferences, symposia, guest lectures, workshops, and other academic events that enhance research and serve faculty and graduate students in the humanities at UC Davis. The DHI co-sponsorship program is supported by the HArCS and DSS dean’s offices; please note that events already receiving substantial funding from the HArCS and/or DSS dean’s offices will be factored into the review of applications.
Co-sponsorship funds are intended as a supplement to the financial commitments of other departments and programs, not as the primary source of event support. For the 2016–2017 academic year, lecture support is available for up to $500, and symposia and conference support is available for up to $1,500.
The following guidelines will be considered in evaluating co-sponsorship applications:
- Requests for event support should be part of a larger fundraising strategy that demonstrates commitment from a range of departments and programs.
- This funding is meant for on-campus events. Priority will be given to proposals that engage campus community.
- Only UC Davis faculty may apply for funding.
- Priority will be given to new events rather than on-going series.
- Support will not be given to events serving faculty and graduate students in one program or department only, or meetings of professional societies.
- Research clusters are not eligible for additional event support.
- Co-sponsorship funds may not be used for travel to events held elsewhere.
- Events that have already received substantial funding from the HArCS and/or DSS dean’s offices may not be eligible for additional DHI co-sponsorship funding.
In order to assist faculty with planning events for the coming year, we will evaluate applications as they are submitted. For that reason, faculty members are encouraged to plan early since funding requests in past years have exceeded the funding available. Applications for the entire 2016-17 academic year may be submitted now.
Applications for co-sponsorship support will be accepted via our online application form. Please fill out the form as completely as possible, including a narrative description of the event and a detailed budget. We typically aim to provide a response within three weeks of the date of submission.
If you encounter any problems or have additional questions, please contact DHI program manager Amineh Helalian (email@example.com). Your cooperation and feedback is greatly appreciated.