CFP: 2019-20 DHI Reading, Writing and/or Collaborative Groups
Deadline: Thursday, December 5, 2019 | 5:00pm
The UC Davis Humanities Institute is offering funding for faculty and graduate students in the humanities, arts, and humanistic social sciences who are interested in forming reading, writing and/or collaboration groups. Groups may apply for up to $500 per group.
The funds may be used to defray the costs of materials or refreshments associated with workshops or regular group meetings.
DHI funds for the groups will be sent to organizers’ departments or programs.
The program is open to all faculty and graduate students, but junior faculty are particularly encouraged to apply.
Proposals Include (in a single PDF):
I. Project Description and Participants
- A brief narrative (500 words maximum) describing the purpose of the group and its proposed activities and outcomes.
Please also include a list of faculty and/or graduate student participants and their respective departments.
II. Simple Budget: Breakdown of Anticipated Expenses
The DHI will attempt to fund all the groups, but please note that funding for this program is limited. If selective funding becomes necessary, the following may be factored into selection:
- New groups: the group has not recently received funding from the DHI.
- Junior faculty: junior faculty are especially encouraged to apply.
- Interdisciplinarity: the group consists of graduate students and/or faculty from a number of programs and departments, including groups addressing topics and/or perspectives that have been traditionally under-represented and/or under-served.
- Number of members: group is inclusive, that is, aims to incorporate more participants.
Please include the application’s components, listed above, in a single pdf or Word document and apply online by 5 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 5, 2019.
Please contact DHI Interim Associate Director Stephanie Maroney (email@example.com) with any questions.