The UC Davis Humanities Institute is accepting applications for faculty members in the humanities, arts, and qualitative social sciences to support a community-engaged research or creative project that has a substantive community tie-in (see criteria below). Cross-college collaborations are welcome.
Fellowships awarded will receive funding up to $5,000. NOTE: Please include the names and contact information of community organization or partner in your proposal. Successful applicants will receive the awards as research funds to be transferred to their home departments.
Ladder-rank faculty in the humanities, arts, and qualitative social sciences are eligible, and may apply for both funding opportunities.
- Proposal narrative of 2-3 pages (750-word maximum).
- Proposed budget.
- C.V.: A two-page curriculum vitae, optimally tailored to the prospective project.
- Optional image/audio files: Proposals for creative activity may upload an image or audio file to support their proposal, although such supplementary material is not required.
The DHI advisory board will review the applications based on a set of established criteria:
- the intellectual and/or creative significance of the proposed project and its value to the humanities and/or arts;
- the impact, scale, and value of the project for the community organization or partner;
- the applicant’s experience and potential for community-engaged work, including how they pertain to the specific community partner;
- the feasibility and appropriateness of the work plan;
- and the project’s contribution to the university’s commitment to diversity, using examples from these categories: service, research, and/or perspective. This may include: public service towards increasing equitable access in fields where women and minorities are underrepresented; research focusing on underserved populations or understanding inequalities related to race, gender, disability or LGBTQIA issues; and applicants who offer perspectives of groups historically underrepresented in higher education.
To submit your proposal online, please go to https://voorhies.ucdavis.edu/dhi/funding/ and complete the online application form. DEADLINE EXTENDED: Proposals are due by 5 p.m. on April 3, 2020.
Please contact Katharine Wallerstein, DHI Associate Director, with any questions, at email@example.com.
Late submissions will not be considered.