Skip to main content
The UC Davis Humanities Institute (DHI) is the leading voice on campus for the essential value of the arts and humanities in higher education. Our programs for teaching, research, and public engagement make the arts and humanities a central and meaningful part of life at the university and beyond.
- Promote the liberal arts, especially the humanities and arts, in all students’ education.
- Foster the research and creative aspirations of our faculty and students, through individual and collaborative projects.
- Engage the public, at various levels (local, state, national and beyond), in the work of our scholars and artists.
- Mentor the next generation of Ph.Ds and MFAs and prepare them for meaningful careers inside and outside the academy.
- Create and cultivate a community at the university, through events and regular communications, of scholars, artists, and students whose interests locate them in qualitative or interpretive fields.