The UC Davis DataLab is seeking to support and foster community activities and engagement in data science at UC Davis. We are soliciting brief (~1 paragraph) applications from community members seeking funds to support:
- new and existing community engagement (working groups, forum management)
- community building (e.g., online activities)
- online training events
- in-person discussion groups and book clubs
- contests and surveys
- (online) conference registration/attendance fees
- hardware or equipment to support activities and events
as well as other activities and efforts! We are intentionally casting a broad net, so please feel free to propose whatever it is you are interested in doing. A goal of this call is to foster community, and thus activities should involve multiple labs and/or be open to or serve the larger community.
Overall funds are limited and we expect allocations to be between $500 and $1000.